TC21 - Mathematical Tools for Measurements
The Technical Committee 21 of IMEKO (IMEKO TC21) was officially established in the year 2004.
Scope and Aims
- To promote the harmonisation, the co-ordinated use and the development of new mathematical and statistical tools for measurements, and their implementation in guides, procedures and codes, acting as a portal on an international environment
- To promote collaboration and synergy amongst scientists working in the fields for measurement science, metrology, testing, applied mathematics, statistics, computational science and data science
- To enable scientists to understand the needs of enterprises and accelerate the transfer of research results to users in enterprises
- To collaborate with other IMEKO TCs to address their challenges relating to the development of mathematical and computational techniques and tools
The Institute of Metrology of Bosnia and Herzegovina (IMBiH) organized the three-day International Conference for Advanced Mathematical and Computational Tools in Metrology and Testing (AMCTM 2023) from 26th to 28th September, 2023. The conference was held in cooperation with the Technical Committee for Mathematical Tools for Measurements (TC21 IMEKO), the Technical Committee for Digitization (TC6 IMEKO), the International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO), and the European Metrology Network for Mathematics and Statistics (MATHMET). The conference co-chairs were Alen Bošnjaković (IMBiH, TC21, MATHMET), Alistair Forbes (NPL, TC21), Franco Pavese (TC21), Joäo Sousa (IPQ, MATHMET), and Sascha Eichstädt (PTB, TC6). The conference also celebrated the 30th anniversary of the first Advanced Mathematical Tools for Metrology conference, which was held in Turin in 1993.
The conference was attended by more than 70 participants from 30 different countries. The papers presented at the conference covered a wide range of topics, including:
- Modeling in metrology and related topics
- New approaches to measurement uncertainty calculation
- Digitization in metrology
- Software tools in metrology
- Statistical methods and Bayesian inference
- New methods of calibration and testing
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
The production of edition XIII of the AMCTM book series publishing papers arising from the conference is now underway, with lead editor Franco Pavese.
Responsible for the IMEKO TC21 website content: Alistair Forbes, NPL.