The General Council is the supreme governing body. It consists of one or two delegates from each Member Organization and holds yearly Sessions.
The Secretariat is the executive body headed by the Secretary-General. It carries out the decisions of the GC in accordance with the resolutions passed at Sessions.
The Advisory Board has to formulate proposals on the policy and strategy of IMEKO and is chaired by the Immediate Past President.
- Prof. Masatoshi Ishikawa, Japan (Chairman, Advisory President)
- Dr. A. Germak, Italy (Secretary)
- Prof. P. S. Girao, Portugal
- Prof. Shigeru Takayama, Japan
- Prof. O. Aumala, Finland, HONORARY MEMBER
- Dr. K. Iizuka, Japan, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. M. Peters, Germany, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. T. Pfeifer, Germany, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. L. Van Biesen, Belgium, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. A. M. Da Cruz Serra, Portugal, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. F. Righini, Italy, HONORARY MEMBER
- Dr. Dae-Im Kang, South Korea, HONORARY MEMBER
- Prof. Pasquale Daponte, Italy, HONORARY MEMBER
- Roland Collay, France, HONORARY MEMBER
The Technical Board has to analyze and support the activity of the Technical Committees and is chaired by the President-Elect.
- Prof. Paolo Carbone, Italy (Chairman, President-Elect)
- Secretary, Mrs. Kristine Zelenka
- Dr. D. Röske, Germany (Information Officer)
- Prof. Alexander L. Shestakov, Russia
- Dr. Malcolm McEwen, Canada
- All TC Chairpersons ex officio
- Editor-in-chief of MEASUREMENT ex officio:
Chairman of the MEASUREMENT Editorial Board: Prof Kenneth Grattan, UK
- Editor-in-chief of Acta IMEKO: Prof. Francesco Lamonaca, Italy
Supervisory Committee (Audit Committee)
- Mr. Aiwen Ma, China
- Dr. Zsolt Viharos, Hungary
- Dr. Zafar Taqvi, USA
2023: 68th General Council Session and related board meetings:
This year’s General Council Sessions will be held in Budapest, Hungary, on the 8th of September, Friday, in the afternoon and on the 9th of September, Saturday, the whole day.